Gambling is a big industry around the world, and South Africa is one of the significant places that make it even larger. When we talk about gambling practices in South Africa, we cannot omit top followed casinos and online sports betting. Both of these practices make most of the gambling games in South Africa.
Gambling Industry In South Africa
In the present, it is clear that South Africa is one of the most revenue-earners in the gambling industry, and experts have predicted that it will continue to grow at a rapid pace. In the year 2015, a rise of 11.2% was seen to R26 billion. It is further predicted to grow more and more up to 2021, and the compound annual increase would be up to 6%.
Unmatched numbers of online gambling sites are accepting real money for the participation of individuals into their favourite games. Top websites like SpringBok or SilverSnads are also involved in the practice of allowing real money for gameplay, which are the most preferred choices of people in South Africa. Mobile apps for online casinos are often provided so gamble lovers can download these for smooth gameplay. Prevalent casino games such as poker, blackjack, roulette, or different slot games and others can be played on mobile online casino apps. It is better to learn about the various bonus and additional benefits information regarding the specific online casino before downloading it.
Considering different bonuses, you can learn about the multiple other benefits that can help you in earning more significant funds. A newly launched site that is offering a straight-forward list of bonuses and different casinos accepting ZAR is Kiff Slots.
King of Gambling – Land Based Casinos
The South African casinos are considered as kingpin as they alone generate 72% of total revenue incurred in South Africa gambling industry. There is no doubt that casinos are the king of the gambling sector in South Africa. Around 40 casinos are currently working that are widespread throughout southern Africa. Additionally, with the largest earning revenue casinos, South Africa has managed to be on the top 5 listings of the largest casinos. Rio Casino Resort is one of those largest casinos operated in South Africa.
- Minimal complications: the undisputed casinos of South Africa is facing minimal difficulties and competitors due to advanced complications. With technology, new games are emerging: electronic bingo terminals, sports betting outlets, and limited payout.
- Second largest revenue earner: the second largest earner in the gambling business is online/offline sports betting in South Africa. It is considered lucky for South Africa as sports betting earning rose by 51.9% to R2.4 billion in 2015. online and offline sports betting has managed to earn five times the revenue incurred R478 million that they did in the year 2011. Horse racing was made baffling by the government for local folks due to which in 2015 online horse betting also overtook it.
- National Lottery: a survey done in 2006 stated that the South African national lottery first took people’s votes. However, the government eradicated this typical betting system a long while ago. This gambling used to generate the highest revenue amount that was considerable surely.
- Changes made to the gambling industry: harsh changes were made in South African gambling industry regulatory rules. A national gambling amendment bill was passed to have better control over the gambling industry. This bill offered a chance to legalize interactive gambling within-country also provided provisions for better gameplay. However, the offline gambling business didn’t agree for it, so no implementations were made for it.
- Revenue control from gambling: in the year 2010, online gambling was declared illegal throughout the country, and online gameplay that had servers outside were put to an end in South Africa. The only industry of horse racing and online sports betting was legal, which earned terrific revenue for the state. However, there are still casinos operating in South Africa with servers outside the country border. Despite the strict laws, no individual has never been penalised for gambling online.
Wide Popularity of Gambling In South Africa
In the listing of top gambling countries in the world, South Africa is not counted as one; however, the country loves to gamble. One in every ten South African is engaged in gambling practices. An average amount of R150 every month gambler in south Africa spends in gambling. Those wondering why South Africa doesn’t make it to the listing of top gambling countries are the salaries earned by residents. On average, a South African resident earns R20.000 a month. It is essential for South Africans to earn larger funds or salaries to spend a higher amount on gambling.
However, gamblers in South African are responsible and engage in healthy practices of gambling.
Eager to try out some South African online casinos? Find ZAR casinos only at Kiff Slots. Good luck!